Thursday, April 22, 2010

How This Blog Came to Be...

We've been in Mammoth Lakes, CA for the better part of a month. It's the end of April and it's snowing... again. I'm a warm weather kind of gal myself and am more than ready to get home to southern California. While I've been hibernating indoors and trying to keep semi-warm, I've been purusing the web. Nana has a habit of not letting Christmas traditions get too worn out before she changes them. This past Christmas she announced that all gifts for our family's traditional game of "Dirty Santa" (also known as "Chinese Gift Exchange") would have to be homemade. There goes Dan's and my resolution to make it easy on ourselves this year and go the giftcard route. Sigh. Anyway, I digress. With the pending arrival of baby in the fall and the looming gift exchange soon after, I decided I'd better get a headstart on ideas. I'm not the craftiest girl I know. Actually, I don't even make the list. I'm one of the least creative people I've ever encountered. However, I can get very passionate about other people's discoveries and, when properly motivated or interested, can work very earnestly to learn how to mimic someone else's marvelous ideas. That is how I happened to be looking through blogs and websites for homemade Christmas gift ideas for this year's holiday. I was astounded by all that I found! There are some truly talented, gifted and incredibly creative women out there! I spent about three days (while the Mammoth snow kept coming down) looking through blog after blog after blog. I want to emulate these women!

That's when I decided to try my hand at having my own blog. We'll see how it goes.

1 comments:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

If you are looking for crafty ideas, there are hundreds of awesome blogs out there for ideas! I'm glad I've been included in your list. ;)

I've got a blog roll tab on my site where hundreds of crafty type blogs have entered their address for others to see. Also, on my side-bar at the bottom is an entire list of blogs with link parties (don't forget mine on Thursdays!)

Mammoth Lakes, hua? We were *just* there a few weeks ago to ski. Well, at Mammoth ski resort. I'm assuming they are nearby?

I actually made a post about it because while we were there I totally wiped out on my snow board and broke a rib. Ouch!

http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/03/21/pine-cones-ribs/

Why are you up there for so long? Where in SoCal do you live? I'm actually living in Beverly Hills until July.

Thanks for leaving a comment. I can't wait to see all the awesome stuff you blog about!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...