Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stuffed-Crust Chicken Pizza

So I made this really yummy pizza the other day for the second time. The first round, I followed the recipe (from Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious) exactly, this last time I left out the olives, didn't stuff the crust, used only one thing of pizza dough, used regular pasta sauce, added extra chicken.....okay, I just changed it up a bit. Both ways are yummy and it's a really tasty, easy meal I thought I'd share with family and friends. I didn't take a picture as I wasn't blogging, but I'll have to add that next time I make it. :D

Ingredients: 
2 tubes (13.8 oz each) refrigerated pizza crust (or if your my mother, you will make your own)
10 pieces string cheese
1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 small onion, chopped
2 T. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
1 t. dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
3/4 c. pizza sauce
2 c. (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. pitted ripe olives, chopped

Directions: 
Unroll pizza dough and place in a greased 15-in.x10-in.x1-in. baking pan, letting dough drape 1 inch over the edges. Pinch center seam to seal. Place string cheese around edges of pan. Fold dough over cheese; pinch to seal. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes (and, if you're anything at all like me, set a timer). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread sauce over crust. Top with chicken mixture. Spring with mozzarella and olives. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.

Voila! Dinner is served. :) This last time I made it, I kept thinking I'd like to have added spinach. I may try that next time. Let me know if you try it and like it...or don't. :D

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...