Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Coupon File

I've gone through several of the paper coupon holders and they always seem to fall apart - overuse, I suppose. I finally got sick of replacing them and bought a much sturdier accordian file. Sorry for the glare. :(

Then I decided on my coupon categories and alphabetized them.



In case you're interested, the categories I chose were as follows: 
Baby, Baking/Beverages, Breakfast, Cans and Jars, Cleaning/Household, Condiments/Dressings, Dogs, Frozen/Produce, Meat/Dairy, Pasta/Rice/Seasonings, Snacks/Desserts, Toiletries/Personal

There were only 12 tabs and, being a little quirky, I wanted a tab for "Coupons For Today" so I could pull them as I looked through the shopper before heading for the store and another one for "In the Cart." I pulled out my scrapbooking paper, a bit of white cardstock and some packing tape and made two more dividers. 



While I was at it, I did something just to make me smile. I know it's hard to see, but in the picture below are the two dividers that I made for the front and back of my file and then the little extra somethin', somethin' that I put in the clear pockets. It says, "Live, Laugh, Love and Save!" :D




I then added a couple of cutesy stickers to the front of the file to finish it off and, VOILA! My new coupon organizer. I'm thinking I may make these as stocking stuffers for sisters and mom one year. 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...