Monday, August 15, 2011

Maple Sausage Skillet

I made this recipe this past week for the boys. Even my little guy loved trying bits of it. The original recipe is from Taste of Home, however, I've changed it up a bit to fit my family's pickiness culinary preferences. I'll make a note at the end in case you want the original ingredients. 

Here's what you'll need (though the amounts are vague because I change it up every time I make it, depending on what's in the fridge):

1 lb. fully cooked Kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
1 t. canola oil
1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, halved and sliced
2 or 3 celery ribs, sliced
sliced carrots
maple syrup
black pepper

and.....hot cooked rice.
Ummm.....we really like rice in this family. I think our bag of rice is bigger than our child at present. :)

I chop all my veggies.

In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.

Add vegetables; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
(It's been a little tricky here in Mammoth, I miss my stir-fry skillet from home. The veggies were overflowing the skillet.)

Stir in the syrup and pepper.


Heat through.

Serve with rice.



The original recipe calls for just 1/2 lb. of sausage, 1 t. canola oil, 1 med. green pepper, 1 small onion, 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (my husband won't eat those:( sigh), 1 celery rib, 2 T. maple syrup (I ALWAYS use more than that :), 1/4 t. pepper. 


BON APPETITE! 




Linking up to some of my favorite link parties

2 comments:

Latin Coupon Queen said...

Passing by from a blop party. Have a great day. Have a great day!

Susan said...

That's the biggest bag of rice I've ever seen!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...