Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Upcycled Jars=Birthday Happy For a Friend

Shortly before returning to Mammoth Lakes I got to celebrate a sweet friend's 30th birthday. I had some jars at home that I had removed the labels from, washed and saved for "something." I did a little sleuthing and, with the help of my friend's husband, found out some of her favorite candies. 

A little ribbon, a little hot glue, some scrapbook paper and mod podge and I had some fun little gift jars of candy to tuck in with a few other "birthday happies." 

Starbursts, Skittles and Peanut Butter Cups. YUM! :D
I apologize for the horrible quality of these pictures. My husband was in Brazil at the time and he had taken our only camera. I took these using the camera on my computer. However, you get the general idea of how they turned out. :)
(I realize this is an exceptionally bad photo, but I was trying to get my son to his Gammy and get out the door for the party. I did, however, want to try to show you the scrapbook paper mod podged to the top. :)

Here's the birthday girl...

and the whole crew...
Girlfriends are such a blessing! :) I can't wait to get back home and see these gals in person. :)


Linking up to some of these great parties. 

3 comments:

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

Those are terrific! I'm now wondering how many jars I can find around the house to do this with! I'm your newest follower!

Kristen Whitmyer said...

Love those jars! I will definitely be doing that! Great idea :) we misdeeds you!!!!!!! How r u feeling??

Jenn said...

What a great gift idea! So cute - I would love to get one! Off to check out the rest of your blog - thanks so much for dropping by mine!
Jenn :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...